Anonymous
Please Login or Register  
Welcome to the new EC!
Random Babes   

Main Menu   

http://www.easycompanygaming.com :: View topic - hi everyone
Forum Index  ·  Usergroups  ·  Members  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Search  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Ranks  ·  Board Rules  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 COD2 Server Open For Business!!! News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 0 Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:03 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
 Dragui Village News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 4 Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am
Rumpokid View latest post
 It's been a while. Introductions spraytime 19 Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:43 pm
Rumpokid View latest post
 -=EC=- AWE MOD Server Test News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 1 Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Lt_John_Wayne View latest post
 hey Introductions roentgen 9 Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:45 pm
Artorias View latest post
 how is everyone?! Introductions Rain 3 Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
hi everyone
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wshinn1
Official Member
Official Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:37 am Post subject: No icon hi everyone Reply with quote

Hi everyone...I've been playing on this server for about a week or so. maybe a little longer. But I seem to enjoy playing on it and thought I would go ahead and apply for easy company.

I also donated some money to the server and was wondering how I go about getting one of those VIP slots? When the server is nearly full I have some challenges connecting to it.

Ill be on teamspeak today and be playing most of the day today since I have it off.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

- Wes
hobo_army
Official Member
Official Member

canada.png

XFire: devinator12
Origin ID: HoboUnity1979
Steam ID: devinator12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:15 am Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

Hey man,

It's been a blast the last couple of days and I hope me and you get to join. (Dono really how long the clan registration takes as mine is not done yet?)

Anyhow nice seeing you here!
-=EC=-Gimp
BOD
BOD

usa.png

XFire: olderwomen
Origin ID: Gimp63
Steam ID: Gimp63

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

Hey wshinn1!

Welcome to the forums. Glad you like the server and thanks for the donation.  Your VIP slot has been set up.  There is a recruitment application (Recruitment tab at the top of the page) that needs to be filled out if you're interested in joining Easy Company.

Generally, it takes a week or two for the application process.  We do have a few in process right now, so that time may be extended.  I don't like to double up on applicants in the member only forums.

In the meantime, game on!

Very Happy
EC Donation
nightmare
BOD
BOD

usa.png

XFire: powrman
Origin ID: Cyrcle
Steam ID: powrman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:28 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

wshinn1 wrote (View Post):
Hi everyone...I've been playing on this server for about a week or so. maybe a little longer. But I seem to enjoy playing on it and thought I would go ahead and apply for easy company.

I also donated some money to the server and was wondering how I go about getting one of those VIP slots? When the server is nearly full I have some challenges connecting to it.

Ill be on teamspeak today and be playing most of the day today since I have it off.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

- Wes

Hey wshinn, glad you enjoy the server and of course we're happy you donated.  We appreciate it very much!  It looks like Gimp got you added to the VIP list under the name "wshinn1"  If that's incorrect or changes, just let us know.  I won't be around until Monday, which is when we're hoping to get the server switched over to Ranked so we can get a bit more control over what we can do with the server.  Hope to catch you in-game soon!
--------------=EC=--------------

Steam: powrman
Origin: Cyrcle
wshinn1
Official Member
Official Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

Cool, thank you. I applied earlier.

Also, I'm not sure the VIP slot has acknowledged my username yet. I am sometimes still having difficulty getting into the server?
nightmare
BOD
BOD

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

Also, I'm not sure the VIP slot has acknowledged my username yet. I am sometimes still having difficulty getting into the server?

What exactly is happening when you try and join the server?  The VIP slot should have taken effect.

The current way VIP slots work is you are instantly moved to position "1" in the queue.  This is how it works on an Official server.  However, when we switch to Ranked on Monday (hopefully), it will automatically put you in the server regardless if it's full.

EC Donation
hobo_army
Official Member
Official Member

canada.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

nightmare wrote (View Post):

What exactly is happening when you try and join the server?  The VIP slot should have taken effect.

The current way VIP slots work is you are instantly moved to position "1" in the queue.  This is how it works on an Official server.  However, when we switch to Ranked on Monday (hopefully), it will automatically put you in the server regardless if it's full.

He's not the only one my friend :)

Actually I think its a Dice problem. The server is receiving too many join loads and when the person is waiting for the game to connect the game window will kill and the error "unable to join server" appears.

This is what I think is happening. (I would be able to give a better answer if I actually had the server software but being EA I'll never get to see that)
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

votes: 2

XFire: windyshrimp101
Origin ID: SubatomicPotato
Steam ID: windyshrimp101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

Nitemare and I will likely work on this issue and others involving Ranked switchover over the following weeks. Keep in mind that if we lose our player base by switching, we will be forced to switch back to Official leaving us with little in the way of server control.
hobo_army
Official Member
Official Member

canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 am Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

Spacepotato wrote (View Post):
Nitemare and I will likely work on this issue and others involving Ranked switchover over the following weeks. Keep in mind that if we lose our player base by switching, we will be forced to switch back to Official leaving us with little in the way of server control.

I don't understand why people would not come because the server is getting switched from "official" to "ranked".

As long as the server is in public mode I don't see it being removed from quick join. If so then the fuck?

On the side note take pride in being able to do this!
EC Donation
nightmare
BOD
BOD

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

hobo_army wrote (View Post):

I don't understand why people would not come because the server is getting switched from "official" to "ranked".

As long as the server is in public mode I don't see it being removed from quick join. If so then the fuck?

Ranked servers aren't included in the Quick Join feature so that means people have to come find the server on the server list to join.  That is what Tater is referring to with the server not filling up as it has the past few months.

Basically it's this:
Official: Quick Join traffic, easy to keep full, no admin ability (cannot scramble/kick/temp ban/perm ban)
Ranked: No Quick Join traffic, extremely hard to keep full, can fully admin the server

hobo_army
Official Member
Official Member

canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: hi everyone Reply with quote

nightmare wrote (View Post):
hobo_army wrote (View Post):

Ranked servers aren't included in the Quick Join feature so that means people have to come find the server on the server list to join.  That is what Tater is referring to with the server not filling up as it has the past few months.

Basically it's this:
Official: Quick Join traffic, easy to keep full, no admin ability (cannot scramble/kick/temp ban/perm ban)
Ranked: No Quick Join traffic, extremely hard to keep full, can fully admin the server

The hell... EA sure knows how to NOT work servers given the arsenal of problem from their end too! Anyhow I don't like how they set this up and its not cool. o well not like I can make a difference.
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index ->  Introductions