Anonymous
Please Login or Register  
Welcome to the new EC!
Random Babes   

Main Menu   

http://www.easycompanygaming.com :: View topic - Band of Brothers
Forum Index  ·  Usergroups  ·  Members  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Search  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Ranks  ·  Board Rules  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 COD2 Server Open For Business!!! News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 0 Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:03 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
 Dragui Village News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 4 Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am
Rumpokid View latest post
 It's been a while. Introductions spraytime 19 Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:43 pm
Rumpokid View latest post
 -=EC=- AWE MOD Server Test News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 1 Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Lt_John_Wayne View latest post
 hey Introductions roentgen 9 Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:45 pm
Artorias View latest post
 how is everyone?! Introductions Rain 3 Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
Band of Brothers
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index -> General Discussion & Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:06 pm Post subject: No icon Band of Brothers Reply with quote

After having been in Easy Company for a long time, I finally got around to watching Band of Brothers last night.

I got as far as the Carentan episode. The map in the game is quite clearly inspired by that episode. The long building with the upper-left window just being a small slit is there. The arches are there. There is even a piano in the street in the correct place! :D

If you've not watched it, I heartily recommend it and I'm only three episodes in. Smile
stunt
Sr. Admin
Sr. Admin

usa.png

votes: 1

XFire: dcoy20
Origin ID: stuntb0yFL
Steam ID: d_coy20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

I loved that series. You can't go wrong with a Speilberg/Tom Hanks directed series. Got the set on sale at a Movie Stop couple years ago. The acting is phenomenal. The first parts, where they are talking to the vets about what actually happened, really draws you more into the characters. Speaking of the actors, there are a bunch of good actors to spot. A few surprising to see in a based on RL war series. I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys history, action or just plain old war movies. I think I'm gonna go watch it again or just do a 10hr marathon tomorrow Smile
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

stunt wrote (View Post):
The first parts, where they are talking to the vets about what actually happened, really draws you more into the characters

Yeah, that's really powerful stuff. It gets your attention right away. They probably made this series at the perfect time, as I'll bet some of those guys are no longer with us.

stunt wrote (View Post):
Speaking of the actors, there are a bunch of good actors to spot.

Yeah, there's a load of British actors in there as well which isn't something I was expecting. Simon Peg, Stephen Graham (Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire), it even had Professor Moriarty from the new Sherlock in it.

David Schwimmer was fucking excellent in episode one!
EC Donation
lecoyotte
Sr. Admin
Sr. Admin

france.png

Origin ID: lecoyotte59
Steam ID: lecoyotte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

Very Happy oh yes very nice set seen and reviewed several times and I love more I advise you to watch the other series the pacific which is also provided and which takes you as deep into the movies

you Americans to make you strong like movies

link the pacific :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E

Last edited by lecoyotte on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:26 am Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

Ah! Great! I did not know about this. Now I have something to watch after Band of Brothers. Thank's Mick! Smile
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

votes: 2

XFire: windyshrimp101
Origin ID: SubatomicPotato
Steam ID: windyshrimp101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

Damian Lewis who plays Winters is also a brit (was on Top Gear). Guarnere died earlier this year unfortunately. Lipton is played by Donnie Whalberg (Mark Whalbergs' bro). Just a great depiction of war in it's entirety.

I tried to watch some of the Pacific series but I couldn't get into it like I could Brothers. Brothers felt like it focused on Easy Company as a whole and Pacific felt like it was focused on one or two guys and lost a lot of it's charm for me.
EC Donation
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:29 am Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

SO if you could go ahead and give me a list of where you'll be every day to the minute, a list of all of your fears, and a list of all of your enemies? I'm thinking I might just have to make you disappear for those tickets....

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna be taking a week long poo and will be doing nothing else suspicions in other countries at all....
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

One of my goals in life is to travel to England. A buddy of mine and myself are probably going to Japan next year and his boss lives in London, so England isn't entirely out of the question.
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 am Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

TopGear-UK is very popular in the states. (Way more popular than TopGear-US apparently.)

Back on topic - Just watched the two Battle of the Bulge episodes (Bastogne and I forget what the second one was called.)

FUCKING HELL!! It's mind-blowing to know that this is all based on first-hand corroborated accounts from the actual people involved. I think I would have gone totally fucking insane in that forest. Just enough of a breather to calm down before the artillery shelling starts again, over and over and over. People desperately trying to dig fox holes in the frozen mud with their bare hands, etc... Sheer hell!

A friend tells me that he has a blue-ray version, and the special bonus on the discs is a picture-in-picture mode with the vets commenting on the scenes as they watched the show for the first time. He's lending me his ps3 next weekend so I can watch those versions. Smile
EC Donation
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

We'll see. Don't go sticking your neck out for me just yet.
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index ->  General Discussion & Off Topic