Server Updates/Discussion (Old: We have switched to Ranked!)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

#16: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:25 am
    —
Spacepotato wrote (View Post):
email EA

HAaahhahaahaaa!!

Good one, Spud!  Wink

#17: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:51 am
    —
You'd get just as much use from your keyboard by shitting on it and wiping your ass with it, but there really isn't much else to do unless enough of the community complains for functionality...

#18: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:52 am
    —
Petitioning in the past with gaming companies have not worked in the past. If only they would listen to the customers once in a while...

Well I guess we could start a petition post on their forums. Anyone interested? I know these functions were vastly available all from bf3 to way back?

#19: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:22 pm
    —
Server being really gay right now with the Queue line. how fun!

#20: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:15 am
    —
Well, at least we have a line now whereas the last 1.5 weeks it's been completely empty. We dropped from 35th to 270th in server rank....

#21: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:24 am
    —
Spacepotato wrote (View Post):
We dropped from 35th to 270th in server rank....

Yeah, that quick-play traffic is _all_ of the traffic.

We should maybe do a new experiment...

Switch to 'Ranked' each Wednesday, and only for the duration of Wednesday. To see what percentage of quick-play players are taking note of the 'add to favs' message. (This way, we would also keep the heavy traffic over weekends and possibly entice more peeps to favourite the server.)

#22: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 am
    —
Just an update, as of now, we are able to ban people from the server, which I have been doing for excessive use for racial slurs and disrespect toward players (after 2 warnings).  We can do this by adding their IP to the servers firewall.  They will be kicked out after about one minute and will not be allowed to rejoin.  There are 10 slots for this.  I do not know if it increases as I add more, but we will find out soon enough.  I am not catching everyone, since I'm not on all the time.  The current notification system is only sending out player names, so I will try to find one that gives me IPs.  Just figured I'd keep everyone updated on the situation.  At least we have some sort of control over the server.

#23: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: Felsine PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 am
    —
awesome, there are some real punks on late in the evening that just seem to want to troll people. most ignore it and they get tired and leave....have seen the warnings flash up lately though. good to know someone is watching out!

#24: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:54 am
    —
The warnings are automatic, in an attempt to scare people, which seems to be working mostly.

#25: No icon Re: We have switched to Ranked! Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:10 am
    —
Update again:
If you see anyone using excessive racial slurs or disrespect toward players, please use this command:
@calladmin OffendingPlayerNameHere
I will receive their a list of everyone on the server and I can review the chat logs and will be able to ban them.

I will be modifying the server messages tomorrow to let everyone know how to do it.

#26: No icon Re: Server Updates/Discussion (Old: We have switched to Rank Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm
    —
And I'll sit on my ass.

#27: No icon Re: Server Updates/Discussion (Old: We have switched to Rank Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
I've modified the original post to reflect the current server state.

As a side note, I have found a way to automatically log players using excessive racial slurs.  You can still use the @calladmin <messagehere> command.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2