ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE!
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#31: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:19 am
    —
Does one have to be wonky to play?

#32: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 am
    —
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):
Does one have to be wonky to play?

Given that I am currently the worlds top player, I'd have to say YES! ;D

#33: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 am
    —
UPDATE:

I've been struggling for some time with the very tricksy problem of making my robots 'cope' properly with a limitless 3D world distributed across multiple players. I have extra constraints to contend with as my game has a full real-world type physics simulation running.

But I've got it nailed now (YAY!). And to celebrate that milestone, I wrote a spiffy new mighty morphin' power-shader for the 'blueprints' that you want your robots to construct.

It looks like wobbly transparent ghost-jelly in the sky! ;)

PS: It looks so damn good in motion that I'm cutting a video right now! Wink

#34: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:33 pm
    —
All you need now is to cut a picture of Zordon into the wobbly jelly. Power Rangers be damned!

#35: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:12 am
    —
A quick update.

I've done a test video by cludging together my infinite landscape code and my wobbly jelly shader code.

The FPS of the video is horrible because of fraps (the game runs @60 fps solid even on a dogshit laptop. I need access to a machine with nvidea-shadowplay to record it properly.)

Also the cam is moving too fast for you to see that the entire landscape is wobbly. (You can see it briefly as the text fades out before I start moving the camera.)

EDIT: When I say 'Jelly' I mean the substance that Americans wrongly call 'Jello'. (And when Americans say 'Jelly' they actually mean 'Jam'/'preserve'/'conserve')

Link

ALSO: Here is a bonus pic of the snowy shader I'm working on (This isn't throw-away-experiment code like in the video above. This is something that is definitely intended for the game) :)

#36: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:50 am
    —
So how far are you done with it percentage wise? I wanna see this jelly landscape. I need to know all the money I spent on Jello in my lifetime was not wasted.

#37: No icon Re: ALL GLORY TO THE INFINITE FULCRUM CUBE! Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:35 pm
    —
20-25%(ish), I reckon.

Still coding the game engine atm, for the next few weeks (infinite procedural world engines are complicated as fuck!), then I'll move on to making proper assets/graphics/music and gameplay logic.

A few art assets exist, and a couple of bits of music (as you can hear in that video) but I need to make a lot more.

Oh, and money spent on Jello (or any pudding) is NEVER wasted! ;D

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3