EA/DICE at it again...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

#1: No icon EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:11 pm
    —
With the new update came a new server patch.  In this server patch included taking the ability away from Official servers to use the variable player slots, which we used to fill the servers up.  Now the server sits at 0/64 with very little chance of filling up using the Quick Play system.  The way the Quick Play system works is it puts people in a server that is almost "full".  With variable slots, we were able to trick it into thinking our server was "full" by having a few people seed which would display the server as (for example) 4 out of 8.  When someone would join, it would increase the slots by 2, effectively making the server look full all the time.  Now, this is not possible using the Quick Play feature unless we have the server roughly HALF full (32 players).  

EA & DICE are really working to kill this game.  I see there literally no point in running an Official server now since this change has gone into effect.  Should we make the switch back to Ranked?  We will need to set a time where quite a few of us (3-4 AT LEAST) can get on and hop in the server to AFK or play to try and get it full every day.  What does everyone think?

#2: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:33 pm
    —
I also just learned they "recommended" player slots for other game-types such as Conquest Small, which is 32 players is automatically enforced on Official servers.  Now all server owners who ran game-types with above the recommended player limit, are stuck paying for more slots than their server is "allowed" to use.

Essentially it is this
Conquest Large: 64 player cap
Conquest Small: 32 player cap
Obliteration: 32 player cap
Rush: 32 player cap
Domination: 20 player cap
Team Deathmatch: 20 player cap

What the fuck EA & DICE?  Are you trying to BURY this game?

#3: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:21 pm
    —
When we re up for next month, we may want to think about a 32 slot with some spectator spots, no?

#4: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:59 pm
    —
We currently run Conquest Large which is different from Conquest Small

#5: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm
    —
We're gonna need to put some smaller maps into our mix. People always gravitate to small maps they can get a feel for quickly.

Last edited by Spacepotato on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 pm
    —
Yeh, I agree. Smaller maps are needed in rotation. They may be trying to steer ppl away from official servers for some odd reason. I don't know, but either way...they be dumb.

#7: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:40 pm
    —
We can't run smaller maps, especially if the server is full, because it will drop half of the players.  Official servers can only run the recommended amount of players for said game-type as of the update I was describing.

Conquest Large: 64 player cap
Conquest Small: 32 player cap
Obliteration: 32 player cap
Rush: 32 player cap
Domination: 20 player cap
Team Deathmatch: 20 player cap

#8: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 pm
    —
So are we changing to 32 slot with spectator and commander slots?

#9: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am
    —
Unsure yet.  I'll talk it over with Tater tomorrow

#10: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 am
    —
Donator Opinion:

I personally joined this server for the fact that it was a large conquest maps with tanks, jets, lots of players fun!

I think the server is turning away from this original set goal.

Yes operation locker is a fun place but only a few people like it.
yes rush is fun but only a few people like it.
and yes demolition run is fun but only a few people like it.

The point I'm making is that not everyone likes to do all these things and this can be a deterrent from joining the server. People even leave the game because they know what map and mode are up next.

Thought I put my opinion out.

P.S. FUCK EA

#11: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 pm
    —
I have a strange idea. How about we offer a poll/suggestion to the players on the server? Have a message roll on the server to come here and vote if we have a poll or just post suggestions. Make a Suggestion section in the bf4 section of the forums or just have them post them in the BF4 Discussion section. We could have polls for gametypes, maps and player count. May can get more traffic on the forums as well as the server. Anywho, one way or another we'll have this server taking off. Remember, Rome was't built in the hay....oh wait..Don't count your chickens before they cross the street...that's not right either...rubber baby buggy bumpers.

#12: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: Durus PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:23 am
    —
stunt wrote (View Post):
I have a strange idea. How about we offer a poll/suggestion to the players on the server? Have a message roll on the server to come here and vote if we have a poll or just post suggestions. Make a Suggestion section in the bf4 section of the forums or just have them post them in the BF4 Discussion section. We could have polls for gametypes, maps and player count. May can get more traffic on the forums as well as the server. Anywho, one way or another we'll have this server taking off. Remember, Rome was't built in the hay....oh wait..Don't count your chickens before they cross the street...that's not right either...rubber baby buggy bumpers.

I like that idea.  I am not digging these game modes where 32 is the cap.  That is what makes BF4 special on the PC is the 64 players.

#13: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 pm
    —
Better idea! Why not get the benefit of BOTH!!!!!

Err... what I mean I why not have two servers? need a sponsor?

#14: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:11 pm
    —
The most recent update on the EA servers allows us to play 64 man on all game-types again and also gives us the adjustable slots to fill up the server easier.  I turned the game on for 5 minutes and idled out and it filled up.  :)

I would love two servers, but that would probably run around $125/mo. at least.  I unfortunately can't really afford that much at this time.  I'm saving for a house so that needs to come first.

#15: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:14 pm
    —
nightmare wrote (View Post):
also gives us the adjustable slots

This is good news.

Wink

#16: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:03 pm
    —
The most recent update on the EA servers allows us to play 64 man on all game-types again and also gives us the adjustable slots to fill up the server easier.  I turned the game on for 5 minutes and idled out and it filled up.  :)

I would love two servers, but that would probably run around $125/mo. at least.  I unfortunately can't really afford that much at this time.  I'm saving for a house so that needs to come first.

Lets pretend we had those said resources to get another server host, how much would it be a month and who would host?

#17: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:30 pm
    —
There's only 2 or 3 options really for reliable hosts: Gameservers and NFO are the only ones I would trust.

Here's a good link on providers and prices. http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1oeub5/bf4_server_rental_prices_are_out_and_if_youre/

#18: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 pm
    —
I will never give my money to Gameservers agian.

#19: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):

Why so?

#20: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 pm
    —
hobo_army wrote (View Post):
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):

Why so?

Opposite ends of the customer service spectrum in my opinion.

#21: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:28 pm
    —
If it were up to me I would have the server software and rent out a super unit with a ipv6 connection. with that in hand I could run the TS3 server with a 500 slot window (would be interesting if it could handle that amount of bandwidth.

But seeing how EA is an asshole I will never see that...

#22: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:08 pm
    —
I would stick with NFO, who is our current server provider.  I've never had a problem with their customer service.    I've sent tickets in at many times during the day and they always answer tickets within 5 minutes for me.

32 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $44.19/mo
64 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $85.79/mo

If you order in 3 month chunks, its 10% off, which is the best deal.

#23: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:57 pm
    —
I would stick with NFO, who is our current server provider.  I've never had a problem with their customer service.    I've sent tickets in at many times during the day and they always answer tickets within 5 minutes for me.

32 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $44.19/mo
64 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $85.79/mo

If you order in 3 month chunks, its 10% off, which is the best deal.

Hmmmm.... something might be in the works in the foreseeable future...

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1