EA/DICE at it again...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

#16: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:03 pm
    —
nightmare wrote (View Post):
The most recent update on the EA servers allows us to play 64 man on all game-types again and also gives us the adjustable slots to fill up the server easier.  I turned the game on for 5 minutes and idled out and it filled up.  :)

I would love two servers, but that would probably run around $125/mo. at least.  I unfortunately can't really afford that much at this time.  I'm saving for a house so that needs to come first.

Lets pretend we had those said resources to get another server host, how much would it be a month and who would host?

#17: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:30 pm
    —
There's only 2 or 3 options really for reliable hosts: Gameservers and NFO are the only ones I would trust.

Here's a good link on providers and prices. http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1oeub5/bf4_server_rental_prices_are_out_and_if_youre/

#18: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 pm
    —
I will never give my money to Gameservers agian.

#19: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):

Why so?

#20: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 pm
    —
hobo_army wrote (View Post):
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):

Why so?

Opposite ends of the customer service spectrum in my opinion.

#21: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:28 pm
    —
If it were up to me I would have the server software and rent out a super unit with a ipv6 connection. with that in hand I could run the TS3 server with a 500 slot window (would be interesting if it could handle that amount of bandwidth.

But seeing how EA is an asshole I will never see that...

#22: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:08 pm
    —
I would stick with NFO, who is our current server provider.  I've never had a problem with their customer service.    I've sent tickets in at many times during the day and they always answer tickets within 5 minutes for me.

32 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $44.19/mo
64 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $85.79/mo

If you order in 3 month chunks, its 10% off, which is the best deal.

#23: No icon Re: EA/DICE at it again... Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:57 pm
    —
nightmare wrote (View Post):
I would stick with NFO, who is our current server provider.  I've never had a problem with their customer service.    I've sent tickets in at many times during the day and they always answer tickets within 5 minutes for me.

32 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $44.19/mo
64 player server, 2 commander slots, no spectator slots - $85.79/mo

If you order in 3 month chunks, its 10% off, which is the best deal.

Hmmmm.... something might be in the works in the foreseeable future...

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2