Warning to AMD users preparing to update to Driver 14.1!
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

#1: No icon Warning to AMD users preparing to update to Driver 14.1! Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 am
    —
I just went through a bizarre situation. Never have I had this encounter before!

I recently installed 14.1 (Mantle) update for my Alienware laptop in hopes that this would solve the RGB blur problem but instead I got treating to a red light show.

All applications became unresponsive!
Examples:
Explorer, Origin, Skype, IE11, Kaspersky, Task Manager, Windows live panel and a whole lot more!

If anyone has worked with this driver and had better luck than me please let me know!

#2: No icon Re: Warning to AMD users preparing to update to Driver 14.1! Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:42 am
    —
Last time I had an AMD card (5770), I had all kinds of problems with it, so I'm now on nVidia and have had no issues.  I would just downgrade to an older driver for now if I were you.

#3: No icon Re: Warning to AMD users preparing to update to Driver 14.1! Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:18 am
    —
Already returned to my previous driver 13.11 beta9.5 and runs just fine. Hopefully I don't get the RGB blur.

Of all the years I've used AMD that took the cake in the "HOLY SHIT!" department!
I've never seen one simple driver update cripple a computer. I've seen viruses do crazy stuff like that but this... maybe a windows 8 thing... o well I don't have the know how so ill just report this problem and let the actual pro's figure it out.

Edit: Question. I know that running the AMD complete removal program doesn't get rid of everything. Should I use something like Drive Fusion to get rid of the AMD stuff?

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1