Problems booting COD2
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#1: No icon Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:12 pm
    —
Has there been a Windows update recently that fucks COD2 up or something?

Mine stopped working about a week ago so I've just done a fresh uninstall/re-install. Still fucked.

I just get an insta-crash when I run it, even if I run as admin.

Anyone else having this problem?

#2: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm
    —
Sorted it.

Apparently it just doesn't work with non-USB headphones.

I'm getting a deja-vu feeling about this post now. Have I had this problem in the past?

#3: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:33 pm
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
Sorted it.

Apparently it just doesn't work with non-USB headphones.

I'm getting a deja-vu feeling about this post now. Have I had this problem in the past?

Odd...I used to play with non USB headphones.  Do you have separate outputs for CODEC and analog?  

Or maybe....it's just those goofy Brit motherboards.  Don't they come with a
Tea slot right next to the PCI slots?

#4: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 pm
    —
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):

Or maybe....it's just those goofy Brit motherboards.  Don't they come with a
Tea slot right next to the PCI slots?

Hehe. Yeah, I didn't have the crumpets turned all the way up. ;)

I don't think non-USB headphone are the actual problem. I think it's a case that both headphones and a mic need to be connected. So I'm using my shitty non-USB ear-buds for sound, but I also now have a broken USB headset plugged in, and it's detecting the microphone on those and working. Or something.

#5: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:04 pm
    —
Yeah, I think it's the mic.

By the by...what the fuck are crumpets anyway?

#6: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm
    —
A bread product, primarily eaten toasted.

>> CRUMPETS WIKI <<

#7: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:17 pm
    —
Madfecker wrote (View Post):
Fuck me, we invented the yanks but now we've got to teach 'em tea-time etiquette and what is acceptable to eat!

Grits = not acceptable.

Crumpets = acceptable and nice to eat.

Grits = shit - do NOT eat.

Crumpets = lovely toasted with a nice spread of Lurpak. Mmmmmmm.

Grits = refer to above. Lots.

BTW, I've got two crumpets connected by a piece of string plugged into my MB and I can hear you lot clearly enough. Especially Gimp shouting:

'FUCK YOU TATER!'

Have you had grits?  Cause by golly they'll kick any crumpets ass any day in my book...prolly.  Oh, and grits eaters never refer to their food as "lovely".  That's an adjective reserved for those soft curvy womenly types...and what in the hell are Lurpak?  We are talkin about food here, aint we?

#8: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:10 am
    —
Grits, Oats, Cream of Wheat, Gruel...It's all fucking shit. The texture is akin to runny snot and boogers.

As for Nick, USB headsets/microphones are known to cause issues with CoD and Win7. Enabling stereo mix on my recording devices through realtek fixed my issues a while back. Control Panel:Sound:Recording:Right Click and display disabled devices:Enable Stereo Mix

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=308575

And fuck all of you, so sayeth the PickledPiss.

#9: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:45 pm
    —
On reading the new posts in this thread, I immediately got up from my desk, went to the kitchen and had a slice of bread with Lurpak on.

Even boring old sliced bread turns amazing with Lurpak! And is the ideal lazy-man snack to have while you wait for the kettle to boil! ;D

#10: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:44 pm
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
On reading the new posts in this thread, I immediately got up from my desk, went to the kitchen and had a slice of bread with Lurpak on.

Even boring old sliced bread turns amazing with Lurpak! And is the ideal lazy-man snack to have while you wait for the kettle to boil! ;D

huh...upon reading the new posts here, I immediately got up and smacked my wife in the ass...

...and it's a lovely one at that.

(close your ears, Arty)

#11: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: drhouse5524 PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 pm
    —
I had teh same problem with Realtek sound and no mic hooked up. Instant crash. Although on Windows 8 COD2 refuses to load without making me wait 10-15 minutes before the menu screen appears. I have solved this by using 7 for COD2. Works just peachy then.

#12: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 pm
    —
Madfecker wrote (View Post):

He said: 'Good shot. Got you right in the cunt'.

Hehe! Pure class! ;D

@House -

Runs fine on Win8 for me (however I am running the version that I installed on my Win7 partition through Win8 so there is no system registry info getting in the way.)

So if you are running Win8 just try running COD2 that is installed on the Win7 partition (probably shows up as E: drive when you are in Win8 or something that is not C: anyway). Just make sure it's set to WinXP-ServicePack3 compatibility and run as admin. So you don't have to switch OS when you fancy shooting things. Wink

#13: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Rain PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am
    —
yup mine HAS to have our usb webcam plugged in which has a mic, other wise ista crash

#14: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 am
    —
Rain wrote (View Post):
yup mine HAS to have our usb webcam plugged in which has a mic, other wise ista crash

Yep, it's defo I a microphone detection thing on Win7 and up. I've tried a few combinations and it works fine just as long as you have something plugged in that Windows detects as a microphone (be that on a web-cam/headset/ or just a dead wire jacked into a mic slot like I have.)

I'm assuming that when the program starts, it tries to create an IDIRECTSOUND8 interface for voice recording (that's a DirectX thing for sound capture, it's how the game/program 'talks' to the sound card). And the code in COD2 doesn't quite deal with 'not finding the microphone' properly.

#15: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: drhouse5524 PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:01 pm
    —
Thanks Nicky (you kawk). I shall try that.

#16: No icon Re: Problems booting COD2 Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:23 am
    —
drhouse5524 wrote (View Post):
Thanks Nicky (you kawk). I shall try that.

It saves some time. Wink  

I myself was going through the annoyance of using Win8 to do work-stuff, then having to reboot to Win7 to play COD.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1