CoD 2 Tweak Guide
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Help Desk

#1: No icon CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 am
    —
So, it came to my attention today that many players are not familiar with some basic game settings that will make the program run better.

This guide is old, but still useful and accurate...mostly.  Take the time to go through it and improve your multi player experience people (shok).

TweakGuides.com

#2: No icon Re: CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:30 am
    —
Or, talk to one of the dorks who know a lot about the game's settings, optimization, and configuration (myself, Tater, Cross, Gimp, just to name a few.)

#3: No icon Re: CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 pm
    —
I'm not a dork, I'm a nerd.

Dork: Dumb Overweight Retarded Kid
Nerds: Never Ending Radical Dude

#4: No icon Re: CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: ELMoLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:10 pm
    —
Just fat and ugly?

#5: No icon Re: CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: drhouse5524 PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:07 pm
    —
I've done many tweaks over the time of playing COD2. The only ones that actually benefitted me were the ones that Biggie and HO has done. I have since lost those and now go stock.

#6: No icon Re: CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: makaveli PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:09 pm
    —
/com_maxfps 125 (or 250 if you can get it constant)
/com_hunkmegs 512
/snaps 30
/sv_fps 30
/cl_maxpackets 63 (if your maxfps is 125) or 84 (if your maxfps is 250)
/cl_packetdup is a useful one to tweak too (it depends on what kind of connection you get. If you have a solid connection with no lag, go 0 or 1)
/r_polygonOffsetBias and OffsetScale - set to 16 and 4 for whichever apply (I think?). This will remove unnecessary textures making your game run smoother if that's an issue for you. I think some servers may kick you for tweaking this if it isn't a modded server.

If you have a mouse with customizable DPI settings (aka any gaming mouse ever in the history of forever), the lower the DPI, the more accurate you will be. I think mine is at 800 and it works for me, I know some people play as low as 400.

Trust me...I'm a doctor.

#7: No icon Re: CoD 2 Tweak Guide Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:21 pm
    —
I've found that 100 packets works the best for me with 250 fps. Then again, I also have packetdup on 5. Our server won't kick for polygonoffsetbias and scale, it just changes it back to default when you start playing. Since that doesn't work, other lines that do similar things include
r_picmip "3"
r_picmip_spec "3"
r_picmip_bump "3"
r_texturemode "nearest"
cg_brass "0"
cg_marks "0"
r_drawsun "0"
r_aaAlpha "dither (fast)"
r_fastsky "1"
sys_sysmb "1024"
sys_vidmb "512"

Also, you should run on dx7. Most people know this, but still. I got a steady 333 out of an unremarkable laptop on these settings.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Help Desk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1