Score Cap
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> COD2 Discussion

#1: No icon Score Cap Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45 pm
    —
Got to thinking. What's everyone's thought on changing the score cap to 500 instead of 1000? I feel it would make boring maps go faster lol.

#2: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 pm
    —
I actually think 100 would be interesting to test. Would probably make most matches last about 10 to 15 minutes.

#3: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:48 pm
    —
100 would be done in about 5 minutes on a lot of our games. I know my kills per minute is well above 4 on some of the busier maps. Arty's is probably even higher. The two of us alone could knock out 1/3 or more of the required kills in 5-10 minutes if we were on the same side.

I like the idea of 300-500. It keeps the maps from going on forever during spawn camps and coupled with the 30 minute timer, we would have a healthy rotation of timeout and scorecap finishes. 500 is probably the better of the choices in my opinion.

#4: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
    —
I'm a complete fucking idiot.

I was thinking of it in terms of a player's personal kill-score and not the cumulative kills of the whole team.
Derp. :p

I'll get my coat...

(300-500 is something I would be very much in favour of trying. It would mean I have to suffer shorter sessions of Tou-fucking-jane!)

#5: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am
    —
OK, here's what we can do.  With AWE, we can actually set the timer and/or the score cap per map.  (I think, as most other settings can be controlled that way by adding a few lines to the server cfg.)  What I propose is to set the score cap at 750 for C-tan, Twojanes, Burg, and Stalin as I've seen games go nearly 1000 on those maps on the weekends.  I'm hesitant to go lower than 750 as there are many close fought games that deserve to run the full 30 minutes.  I would set the timer at 20 minutes and the score cap at 500 for the remaining maps.

How does that sound?

#6: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:21 am
    —
That sounds good to me.

#7: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:43 pm
    —
That sounds cool. Smile

#8: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: SgtBakerLocation: OKC PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm
    —
I like it

#9: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 pm
    —
When Stunt mentioned scorecap, my first though was 600-750 for everything. So 750 on the main maps would work well.

#10: No icon Re: Score Cap Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 am
    —
750 sounds good.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> COD2 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1