Band of Brothers
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#1: No icon Band of Brothers Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:06 pm
    —
After having been in Easy Company for a long time, I finally got around to watching Band of Brothers last night.

I got as far as the Carentan episode. The map in the game is quite clearly inspired by that episode. The long building with the upper-left window just being a small slit is there. The arches are there. There is even a piano in the street in the correct place! :D

If you've not watched it, I heartily recommend it and I'm only three episodes in. Smile

#2: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm
    —
I loved that series. You can't go wrong with a Speilberg/Tom Hanks directed series. Got the set on sale at a Movie Stop couple years ago. The acting is phenomenal. The first parts, where they are talking to the vets about what actually happened, really draws you more into the characters. Speaking of the actors, there are a bunch of good actors to spot. A few surprising to see in a based on RL war series. I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys history, action or just plain old war movies. I think I'm gonna go watch it again or just do a 10hr marathon tomorrow Smile

#3: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 pm
    —
stunt wrote (View Post):
The first parts, where they are talking to the vets about what actually happened, really draws you more into the characters

Yeah, that's really powerful stuff. It gets your attention right away. They probably made this series at the perfect time, as I'll bet some of those guys are no longer with us.

stunt wrote (View Post):
Speaking of the actors, there are a bunch of good actors to spot.

Yeah, there's a load of British actors in there as well which isn't something I was expecting. Simon Peg, Stephen Graham (Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire), it even had Professor Moriarty from the new Sherlock in it.

David Schwimmer was fucking excellent in episode one!

#4: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: lecoyotteLocation: france PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:18 am
    —
Very Happy oh yes very nice set seen and reviewed several times and I love more I advise you to watch the other series the pacific which is also provided and which takes you as deep into the movies

you Americans to make you strong like movies

link the pacific :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E

Last edited by lecoyotte on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:26 am
    —
Ah! Great! I did not know about this. Now I have something to watch after Band of Brothers. Thank's Mick! Smile

#6: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am
    —
Damian Lewis who plays Winters is also a brit (was on Top Gear). Guarnere died earlier this year unfortunately. Lipton is played by Donnie Whalberg (Mark Whalbergs' bro). Just a great depiction of war in it's entirety.

I tried to watch some of the Pacific series but I couldn't get into it like I could Brothers. Brothers felt like it focused on Easy Company as a whole and Pacific felt like it was focused on one or two guys and lost a lot of it's charm for me.

#7: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:29 am
    —
SO if you could go ahead and give me a list of where you'll be every day to the minute, a list of all of your fears, and a list of all of your enemies? I'm thinking I might just have to make you disappear for those tickets....

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna be taking a week long poo and will be doing nothing else suspicions in other countries at all....

#8: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 pm
    —
One of my goals in life is to travel to England. A buddy of mine and myself are probably going to Japan next year and his boss lives in London, so England isn't entirely out of the question.

#9: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 am
    —
TopGear-UK is very popular in the states. (Way more popular than TopGear-US apparently.)

Back on topic - Just watched the two Battle of the Bulge episodes (Bastogne and I forget what the second one was called.)

FUCKING HELL!! It's mind-blowing to know that this is all based on first-hand corroborated accounts from the actual people involved. I think I would have gone totally fucking insane in that forest. Just enough of a breather to calm down before the artillery shelling starts again, over and over and over. People desperately trying to dig fox holes in the frozen mud with their bare hands, etc... Sheer hell!

A friend tells me that he has a blue-ray version, and the special bonus on the discs is a picture-in-picture mode with the vets commenting on the scenes as they watched the show for the first time. He's lending me his ps3 next weekend so I can watch those versions. Smile

#10: No icon Re: Band of Brothers Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:50 pm
    —
We'll see. Don't go sticking your neck out for me just yet.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1