enemy at the gates
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#1: No icon enemy at the gates Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:05 am
    —
was watching it the other night. pretty good movie. about a Nazi sniper sent to Stalingrad to find and kill a Russian sniper.

#2: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:47 am
    —
Yeah, it's a superb film.

I'm surprised that you've only just seen it, as for quite a few years now you've been re-enacting the role of that Nazi sniper perfectly! ;)

The way that film starts, and the way it shows the "lots of soldiers, not enough equipment" problem (alternate between giving people guns and ammo) is really intense stuff.

#3: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: RumpokidLocation: Stone, Staffordshire, England PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:05 pm
    —
I can imagine an Ed Harris skeleton with whispy beard, rifle in boney fingers still lying up waiting for Kenny to move position and make that jump...

#4: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:46 pm
    —
yeah nick, I just caught it on tv the other day flicking through.

I think you're right feck. I remember one of the cod1 maps (think it was cod1) crawling through those pipes and shooting the germans below.

#5: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:48 pm
    —
lol rumpo, he'll be waiting a long time before I move....or i'll just crouch in a stairway with a mg and wait for him.

#6: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: LegionLocation: USA / Afghanistan PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 pm
    —
Saw this film years ago. It is an awesome movie.

#7: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:37 am
    —
kenny_k wrote (View Post):
I think you're right feck. I remember one of the cod1 maps (think it was cod1) crawling through those pipes and shooting the germans below.

Yeah, games designers take lot of inspiration from movies and TV shows. Like that pipe-crawling example, and the Carentan map being a clone of the scenes from Band of Brothers. One of the medal of honour game's opening missions are a carbon copy of the beach landing scenes from Saving Private Ryan. The list could go on and on.

If you see a very memorable scene or theme portrayed well in a movie, expect to later see it replicated in a game. (It's often those memorable scenes that inspire the creation of a game in the first place. I for one often code a new visual effect straight after seeing one in a film.)

#8: No icon Re: enemy at the gates Author: Despite PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:48 pm
    —
kenny_k wrote (View Post):
lol rumpo, he'll be waiting a long time before I move....or i'll just crouch in a stairway with a mg and wait for him.

You have the patience of a Buddhist monk.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1