BF4 Performance Improvements
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

#1: No icon BF4 Performance Improvements Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:41 am
    —
BF4 works pretty good on my system.  I did get some smoothing and fewer crashes by implementing the work arounds found here.  The best part was my cpu usage went from 75% to 50% after I created the user.cfg as suggested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/1q14u9/bf4_i_have_multiple_fixes_that_make_the_game_90/

If you're having issues with the game, give it a shot at least until DICE gives us a client end patch.

Server link

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/962d22d2-471b-4368-95e6-3d71de588c46/

#2: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:55 pm
    —
Yeah, this stuff 'seems' to have made mine run a little better. It does seem a little less crashy, but it's hard to judge. Defo worth trying this stuff if you are having major issues.

#3: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: drhouse5524 PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:52 pm
    —
just bought it, on vacation until saturday i think. I installed it, but it needs a gig of updates (Im on my dads myfi and i better not use up a whole gig of data, I will have to find some wifi to use to update)... Will check out the server when i get it up and going.

#4: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 am
    —
Yesterday's DICE-update is a MEGA-HUGE improvement to BF4.

On all attempts before and during last weekend, I was crashing on average twice per map. But since the update I've not had a single crash.

I've just played through every map twice in a row without a single crash! W00t!

FAO STUNT: I'm seeing an improved FPS as well! If you get the same improvements on your PC that I have, then the game should now be actually playable/enjoyable for you (as we have almost identical rigs regarding MEM/CPU/GFX). So please do give it another try, bud! (Your quick-fire puns make games better. I miss them.) ;D

#5: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 pm
    —
I'll give it a try. Hopes are way up here ¯. If this does't help, they will be back down to here _ Sad.

#6: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 am
    —
Did you try it yet, Sptunt?

I've not yet managed to connect to the EC server today. Keeps failing. (fine on other servers though.)

#7: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:26 am
    —
Hhhhhm? Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

A hominey hominey hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM? (etc..)  ;p

#8: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: kev24x PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am
    —
After looking at the specs, my computer SHOULD be able to run it so hopefully i can get it on the 25th that way i can camp it up with nick.

#9: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:38 am
    —
And Tater.  And Gimp.  And I.   Wink

#10: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
Hhhhhm? Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

A hominey hominey hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM? (etc..)  ;p

...i want some of whateverthehell Nick is smoking....

#11: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 am
    —
As the BF4 server has not yet changed to something we can moderate, I've devised my own interim method to make bigots shut the fuck up.

It seems to be working so far.

1.) Identify the major offender. (The person spouting hate language like "N***er" "F***ot" Your mamma, etc...)
2.) Kill him. (If you can, go to town on them, focus all of your killage on them.)
(Ignore everything they say  directly to you. No response to them. This is crucial!)

AND THEN...

3.) Start asking him questions as if you don't know how the game works.
4.) Bombard him with help questions about the game.
(I chose to pretend to be some kid who thought I was playing an RPG with wizards and stuff.)
5.) Keep asking him where loot is hidden? Has he found the "Cudgel of Ragnar"? "The shield of Galogtron"? (make up daft names.)
5.) Kill him again. (If he complains, stay in character. Say "I used Yashmaroon's potion of ultra-cuntitude!" or some shit.)
6.) You've now humiliated the cunt on two fronts (without engaging him in the bigoted argument he actually wanted.)
7.) He stops his nasty shite. (If it didn't work, start again from step 3. He will either shut up or leave.)

It sounds daft, I know, but this has worked for me three nights in a row.

(The TLDR version of this instructional goes like this: Until we can mod BF4. A quick-fix is to identify a bigot, harass them with nonsense (without using hate language yourself) until they decide to shut up or leave.)

;)

#12: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Author: hobo_armyLocation: Alberta, Calgary PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:11 am
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
As the BF4 server has not yet changed to something we can moderate, I've devised my own interim method to make bigots shut the fuck up.

It seems to be working so far.

1.) Identify the major offender. (The person spouting hate language like "N***er" "F***ot" Your mamma, etc...)
2.) Kill him. (If you can, go to town on them, focus all of your killage on them.)
(Ignore everything they say  directly to you. No response to them. This is crucial!)

AND THEN...

3.) Start asking him questions as if you don't know how the game works.
4.) Bombard him with help questions about the game.
(I chose to pretend to be some kid who thought I was playing an RPG with wizards and stuff.)
5.) Keep asking him where loot is hidden? Has he found the "Cudgel of Ragnar"? "The shield of Galogtron"? (make up daft names.)
5.) Kill him again. (If he complains, stay in character. Say "I used Yashmaroon's potion of ultra-cuntitude!" or some shit.)
6.) You've now humiliated the cunt on two fronts (without engaging him in the bigoted argument he actually wanted.)
7.) He stops his nasty shite. (If it didn't work, start again from step 3. He will either shut up or leave.)

It sounds daft, I know, but this has worked for me three nights in a row.

(The TLDR version of this instructional goes like this: Until we can mod BF4. A quick-fix is to identify a bigot, harass them with nonsense (without using hate language yourself) until they decide to shut up or leave.)

;)

LOL THAT MADE MY DAY!

I'm so going to use that in the next whole "bigot" incident.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1