Just curious who will be getting GTA5.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#16: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:28 pm
    —
Some screenshots.  This.  Game.

Btw, you can make private or invite only games with friends.  It is 30 players per "server".  You have access to the entire map.

#17: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:33 am
    —
Blimey!

Their sky shader and atmospheric fog system is bloody lovely!

#18: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 am
    —
Wow......really...well, real.  The water is amazing.  Are those vacation photos?

Except for the rocks along the shore...why don't people understand rocks are damp above the waterline?

#19: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:46 pm
    —
You should see the puddles that form when it's raining.  And the wakes behind boats.  Will try and get some more screenshots. Very Happy

#20: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:52 am
    —
It's certainly a pretty game. Nite has his capped at 60, but I don't It's a very smooth pretty as well, not the jerky crap a lot of modern games give you with 30 fps.

#21: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 am
    —
I was gifted this for my birthday, so with much trepidation I installed all 90 billionty-trillion terrabytes of it and gave it a go...

It's pretty damn terrific! Probably the best game ever made to date. Very Happy
Some of the online races are as much fun as Burnout-Paradise was back in the day, and the team deathmatches are great too. (Also the single player story mode is a HUGE game.)

I'm Nickenstein79 on RockstarSocialClub if anyone wants to add me for GTA-Online.

#22: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:12 am
    —
...And not a single one of you twats added me.

/kicks a rusty old tin-can up a desolate alley on his own, again. ;(

#23: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:59 pm
    —
I haven't been on much in the past week, unfortunately.

#24: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:27 pm
    —
Ok so can someone explain exactly what the whole mp game is like?  Now that there a several EC members playing, I might be interested if my pc can wing it.

#25: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:39 pm
    —
The game in MP is just like the game in SP only with friends and more focus on spending your hard earned money.

#26: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:07 pm
    —
Spacepotato wrote (View Post):
The game in MP is just like the game in SP only with friends and more focus on spending your hard earned money.

...very helpful.

No, like, how many players pub & private, how does the server work, if it runs on a players pc is it shit, is there chat...you know, stuff like that.

#27: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:24 pm
    —
Pub or private.  You cannot set up a server per se, but you can join a regular-pub game (up to 30) or make an friends/invite only game.  You start out in the open world, which is the same as single player.  It is pretty large.  You earn money for doing missions or just playing in general.  You then spend the money on guns, armor, cars, car upgrades, apartments, etc.  Most of the missions are up to 4 players, but there are some 6 player ones.  There is also deathmatch/team deathmatch/other modes up to 30 (I believe - maybe 24) players.   I have had little to no issues with lag.  There is voice and text chat in-game.

You should be able to run it on a variety of machines.  Sin is still using a 560Ti.  Although it is on lower settings, it still runs fine for him.  I'm running it maxed out at 1200p.  I'm not sure what your hardware is, but if it was purchased in the last 3-4 years, you should be okay.  It will just dictate what the game looks like.  It is one of the best PC to console ports to date, in my opinion.  If you want a rough idea on how it will perform, check this video:

Link

#28: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:45 pm
    —
Did you play Battlefield 4, Gimp? (I'm pretty sure you did)

It runs a lot better than that on my machine. I've got the settings turned down and run it at 1024*768 60fps.
(They've done a superb job porting it to PC. Best console port I've ever seen.)

My GPU is Nvidia GTX 580 (pretty old card now).
My CPU is IntelCore-2-Quad @ 2.5GHz (4 or 5 year old motherboard&CPU).

I've got 4Gig memory, and it uses pretty much ALL OF IT. (I got the game working better but creating a large windows-Swap-file on a separate drive partition.)

#29: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:15 am
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
Did you play Battlefield 4, Gimp? (I'm pretty sure you did)

It runs a lot better than that on my machine. I've got the settings turned down and run it at 1024*768 60fps.
(They've done a superb job porting it to PC. Best console port I've ever seen.)

My GPU is Nvidia GTX 580 (pretty old card now).
My CPU is IntelCore-2-Quad @ 2.5GHz (4 or 5 year old motherboard&CPU).

I've got 4Gig memory, and it uses pretty much ALL OF IT. (I got the game working better but creating a large windows-Swap-file on a separate drive partition.)

Definitely time to upgrade, sir!

#30: No icon Re: Just curious who will be getting GTA5. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 pm
    —
Indeed.

That's one of the reasons I think it's such a well made port. The fact that it runs at all is a welcome surprise for a modern game.

For instance, If I go to "Can you run it?" and check The Witcher 3 for example, it simply says "HA! No fucking chance matey!".

CanYouRunIt

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 6