Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#1: No icon Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 am
    —
Thought you guys might be interested in seeing Arty's last band concert in high school.

Senior Solo

#2: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:45 am
    —
<praise>
That is fucking AWESOME! :D

There is a whole lot of seriously fiddly complex work in that! You only get that good with real dedication (+talent) and MANY hours invested in practice! Bravo! Clearly the school is hugely proud to have you in the band to show-boat you like this!

And your father's obvious pride is very well deserved! Superb performance, Arty! I'm in shocked-awe at this! Very Happy
</praise>

<Jibes>
Now that I have seen just how dextrous those fingers are, it's no wonder you are almost as good as me at shooty games.

And it has finally been confirmed... Not only does Arty totally Suck, but he really really blows too! Wink
</Jibes>

Seriously, though: FUCKING SUPERB, ARTY!! Very Happy

#3: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 am
    —
Very well done Arty!  I'm not very well with instruments, but I am curious how long you've been playing?  The lady used to play.

Also, now since you're almost done with high school, you should totally grow your beard out like your father.  You both look so much alike.   Cool

#4: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:25 pm
    —
I'm gonna critique because I have an eye/ear for this shit......

Jake? Fucking fantastic. Having played alto sax for my whole scholastic career, I can say that was damn good intonation. Many people in my class that played woodwinds were always flat because they didn't get the airflow and angle right. Pay attention to his jawline and you'll see that lower notes require a slack jaw to push more air past the reed at a slower speed and vice versa.

I was a chickenshit and would never stand in front for solos. I still wouldn't.

Drum section? Way out of fucking tune. The fuck were they doing out there?? It's like they only know one note!!

#5: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 pm
    —
Aw thanks you guys Smile

#6: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: SgtBakerLocation: OKC PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:42 pm
    —
That's awesome, Arty! Always interesting to see people outside the game, especially when it's something that requires mad skill.

#7: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:14 am
    —
I humbly request... NAY, I FUCKING DEMAND: A vid of Spotato playing some mean Alto. Pronto!  

Sorry Spudicus, but you simply don't get to mention something as cool as that in earshot of me without piquing in me a craving to see&hear it! ;)

Spacepotato wrote (View Post):

Not on my fucking watch, pal! I'm gunna hound you for this until your ears fall off from my incessant nagging! Wink

#8: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: lecoyotteLocation: france PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:27 am
    —
yo arty what talent  Very Happy I finally put a name to a face lol Wink

#9: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:47 am
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
I humbly request... NAY, I FUCKING DEMAND: A vid of Spotato playing some mean Alto. Pronto!  

Sorry Spudicus, but you simply don't get to mention something as cool as that in earshot of me without piquing in me a craving to see&hear it! ;)

Spacepotato wrote (View Post):

Not on my fucking watch, pal! I'm gunna hound you for this until your ears fall off from my incessant nagging! Wink

Sadly Nick, my alto is long gone. Gave it to my cousin because she wanted to be in a band and they were a bit strapped for funds. Alto sax prices are still pretty high. I had a Bundy II which was about a 600-1000 new classified as a student level horn. Turns out she tried to play it and didn't like it. Their solution was to sell it. It's gone.

#10: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:47 pm
    —
Ouch!

Yeah, brass instruments are incredibly pricey, even the student grade pieces. (Repadding an old one will cost you as much again. It's like owning a second car.)

But now that I know you can play sax, I really need to see it dude! Wink

#11: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:48 pm
    —
Arty - Fantarvelous my dear fellow. It was very eargasming if I do say so myself.

Nick - I'd have to agree with you on that......note.

Spotato - My lil sis is learning the Alto Sax. When she's done with it I'll ship it to ya to make a youtube video for us all to enjoy. I'll make one too of me playing the Power Rangers pager jingle on piano ;P

#12: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:39 am
    —
OMG, arty, that was awesome!!!!!!!!!

if only you could shoot as well as that,  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

seriously that was fantastic.

#13: No icon Re: Arty's Senior Symphonic Band Solo Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:47 am
    —
stunt wrote (View Post):

Nick - I'd have to agree with you on that......note.

Can we get the band's percussion section to record a "Ba-Dum-Tish" for moments like this?

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1