Hello from [HY]crash
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> COD2 Discussion

#1: No icon Hello from [HY]crash Author: [HY]crash PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:30 pm
    —
Hello Easy Company,

I am sure some of yall here remember the good ole days of COD2. All the fun leagues, ladders and tournaments. I am trying to find good (meaning clean, honest, and fun environment) COD2 gaming communities that would be interested in playing a friendly match against other gaming communities.

I have from time to time seen EC members playing in HeckYeah CTF server. From what I have seen is that those members have represented EC very well, never being disrespectful to HY members or its public gamers, and my hat goes off to gaming communities that support clean gaming.

I am just in the beginning stages of my quest to bring back friendly and fun tournaments between USA based gaming communities. I am not looking to bring back TWL or anything like that. I am not sure how many players here would be interested in this but felt it was worth a shot. I am pretty sure that HY can put together 2-3 teams with in its own community to play. If EC would be interested, I do not mind jumping in yalls or our TS3 to talk about it more.

Like I said just the beginning stages. Gametype, weapons, mods, etc... Have not even been decided. I feel once we have a good number of teams we can make those decisions based on the majority playing.

Thanks for your time,
[HY]crash

#2: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:58 pm
    —
All of the above sounds simply delightful to me. We haven't done any tournament style games for as long as I can remember, with only tentative plans to start in the past. I'd be more than happy to try it out.

#3: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:53 am
    —
I may be up for something like this. Arty, I nominate you as the liaison.

#4: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:33 pm
    —
I second that nomination!

You'll have to give them fair warning that I am SPECTACULARLY FUCKING GOOD though! Wink

#5: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 pm
    —
SUP CRASH!! You may not remember me, it's been awhile, but I used to be known as TeamGPK~sTunT Smile Used to frequent the server quite a bit. How's everyone doing over on the HY side? I'm totally on board. You guys were hella fun to play with. A big Heck Yeah from me.

#6: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 pm
    —
Thanks for going to the effort, Crash!  Glade to hear our traveling members are representing.  Wink

We have folks asking off and on about some sort of friendly team competition.  I think we can gather a group together for a good ol' time.  Once you get a better idea of how it's gonna all pan out, let us know and we'll get to emailing all the other players that might be interested but didn't see this thread.

Game on

Gimp

#7: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: [HY]crash PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:08 am
    —
Sounds Great.  Here is what is going on in my little crazy mind.  If a community can put together more than one team. Try and make those teams equal. Having one team that can blow another team out of the water is no fun for everyone. Projection to start is sometime in July. This gives every community plenty of time to get members together. Each community should have at least one of their members to help with the tournament/league. This is a fair way to have all communities represented in setting up, running smoothly, rules, maps, gametypes, mods, etc..

Match Time -
 - Teams Captains should try and schedule matches for the best out come of both teams. I know in HY our best turn outs would be Weekdays between 5-9pm central time. and weekends 9am-2pm

5v5 or if both teams have more great.

Maps
 - Standard and custom maps. Have a weekly map and alternate map for larger turn outs.

Weapons - Switch between All Weapons and Bolts Only
- All Weapons one scope, one shottie w/ smoke all other weapons are open.
- Bolts Only

Mods- Nothing crazy or over the top
 - No trip wires
 - No sprint
 - Halftime
 - Ready ups

Gametypes
 - CTF
 - TDM

EC input and suggestions are more than welcomed.

#8: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:09 am
    —
All sounds funky to me. Maybe the BFBG folks who have played here in the past would be interested as well (Girlie and her pals)? Or the people who frequented our CTF server every night but didn't play much in the regular server (Like J-Dollar and Bears)?

#9: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: GaryBusey PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:55 pm
    —
I'm as green as can be with EC but if you need a guy to fill a spot and I'm available I would totally be down for this.  My last tournament was like 2003 on COD1 lol

- GB

#10: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:02 pm
    —
yeah, count me in. me, nick and gary on the same team will be unbeatable. quite the force to be reckoned with.

#11: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:19 pm
    —
If Gary is a super-ultra-pro like me, we might have to take it in turns, so it's not too unfair on the other team.

#12: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: SgtBakerLocation: OKC PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 pm
    —
Depending on the day and time, I would be all up for getting back into the game for some matches.

#13: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: -=EC=-Cross PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:22 pm
    —
if im not out on a job, you guys know im down

#14: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: GaryBusey PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 pm
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
If Gary is a super-ultra-pro like me, we might have to take it in turns, so it's not too unfair on the other team.

Well super-ultra-pro I can certainly say I am not - but I can guarantee I'll die trying!

- GB

#15: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:09 am
    —
I think you are probably just being modest.

I myself didn't even realise that I was super-ultra-pro until Kenny told me.

#16: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: GaryBusey PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:28 pm
    —
Well in that case I've got the Golden Kenny Certification of Achievement in All-Around Greatness at Everything.
So I think we're good Nick, let's kick some ass brah!

- GB

#17: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:35 am
    —
Awesome! Let's lock & roll! (pretty sure I got that right.)

A quick question first, though... That curly metal bit that makes the tube go 'bang' when you push it... Is that meant to happen or is my wand broken?

#18: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: kenny_kLocation: port saint lucie, florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:16 am
    —
you're so modest nick.
gary, with nick on our team we don't have to be pro's. many a time he has led us onto victory with his uber pro-ness (if that's a word). basically, all nick needs is a little covering fire.

#19: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:53 am
    —
The steam from Kenny's coffee pot rising over his tent is usually enough to make them retreat in a blind panic.

We'll all be fine!

#20: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:02 pm
    —
Sooo...this just died on the vine?

#21: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:21 pm
    —
I still love the idea of a tournament, but I'm suddenly running on a shortage of free time.

#22: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: GaryBusey PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:42 pm
    —
Busey is still all in for this guys.

- GB

#23: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:21 am
    —
and so it goes...

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/64.94.238.34:28960/

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/64.94.238.34:28960/blog/

#24: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: -Smoke- PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:06 pm
    —
What else can be said. The best shooter of all time in my opinion is dead. Been dead for a few years, the games what?.....11 years old now. Its a shame, how I long for the good ol days.

#25: No icon Re: Hello from [HY]crash Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:42 pm
    —
Hey Smoke!

fyi, the Heck Yeah server has now been shut down.  Sad day.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> COD2 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1