Mechanical keyboards
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#1: No icon Mechanical keyboards Author: SgtBakerLocation: OKC PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:02 am
    —
I'd like to get a mechanical keyboard. I'm in the early stages of research and figured I'd see if anyone here has experience with them.

Have any of y'all used one before? Any buying advice?

#2: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:20 am
    —
Arty and Gimp have one. Arty could probably play with a keyboard made of candle wax and beat everyone though so his opinion may be skewed.

#3: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: PlusIce PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:09 pm
    —
I heard they are good for fast responses. But are they worth the cost? , probably not unless you play video games for money. Good old USB keyboard does the trick fine. Older PS/2 can be good two, but are obsolete due to old connectors.

Rather put my money in a better rig then a fancy keyboard.

#4: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:37 pm
    —
I use a mechanical keyboard, Arty uses a $10 Logitech basic thing.  He does OK with it.  :)

The Corsair I have feels very durable but I don't notice any performance improvements.  I do like the illuminated keys. One disadvantage is it's loud to type on.

#5: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: SgtBakerLocation: OKC PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:52 pm
    —
Corsair is the manufacturer I'm primarily considering. I know some switches are louder than others. I'm looking to get one with browns, which don't have the click that blues and some others do. Know what you have, Gimp?

#6: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:05 am
    —
This one here....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816010

#7: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: lecoyotteLocation: france PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:25 pm
    —
I use a Logitech G11 and great works well for many platforms Wink

#8: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:27 pm
    —
After working the last year or so on some generic logitech keyboard I have to say the mechanical I have at home is so much nicer.  The feel and sensitivity is great and the noise is not much different because you don't have to hit the keys very hard.  I say go for it if you haven't.

#9: No icon Re: Mechanical keyboards Author: SgtBakerLocation: OKC PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:54 pm
    —
I ended up getting the Corsair K70 with browns. Wanted the RGB, but didn't want to pony up the premium for it. Ultimately, I didn't need more pretty lights to love this thing. I could type on it forever.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1