The Sten Gun.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

#1: No icon The Sten Gun. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:21 am
    —
Based on a discussion I had with BigDad & Stunt last night, about the Sten gun.

Here is a bit of a documentary about the gun's creation.

When pressed into wartime conditions, a bed-spring factory & a toy designer devised this weapon for mass production at the cheapest price possible (so that it could be dropped into the French and Polish resistance and manufactured from bits by hand). Truly fascinating stuff! :

Link

#2: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: BigDad PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:02 pm
    —
To get shot by a bed spring tubed pistol would really piss me off lol.

#3: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: ArtoriasLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 pm
    —
It's a bit scary to think that you crazy Brits have apparently managed to create a military-grade weapon out of scraps from your bedroom floor.

Nick, remind me never to piss you off; you might impale me through Teamspeak with a spoon travelling the speed of light.

#4: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: stuntLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:15 pm
    —
My plan is to just befriend Angela Lansbury. Nick wouldn't harm me because it would, in return, hurt her emotionally.

#5: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: BigDad PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:43 pm
    —
Ahhh,sweet,sweet Angela Lansbury ! So many lonely nights in the trenches hoping she,and not mine enemy might crest the trenchtop, and offer a proper face-sitting.
 She and I wore out many a bed spring in my mind.
 Sweet, sweet, Angela, Lordess of my wettest.....ahem. Excuse me.
I was overcome; or overcame.
 What were we saying about steel-like pipes and bedsprings ?

#6: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: Durus PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:46 am
    —
The thing is so dang simple too.  It had a fixed firing pin and fired from an open bolt.  So the bolt was kept under spring tension and was held back by the trigger mechanism.  When you pulled the trigger the bolt was allowed to slam forward and fire the round.  Basically its just a gun that works by slam firing.  You can pick up a Sten parts kit and build your own semi auto in the US for fairly cheap.  Indianapolis ordnance makes a kit that converts the design to a closed bolt which the BATF requires.

http://www.indianapolisordnance.com/sten_mk2.html

#7: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:43 pm
    —
Sweet!

I might make my own gun out of bits of discarded old wheelbarrows and spatulas.

#8: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm
    —
Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
Sweet!

I might make my own gun out of bits of discarded old wheelbarrows and spatulas.

???...you have more than one wheelbarrow?

#9: No icon Re: The Sten Gun. Author: Nickenstein PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 pm
    —
By UK law every British citizen over the age of seven must own and maintain at least two fully functional wheelbarrows. They are inspected by the queen during random un-announced spot checks. Any irregularities pursuant to the "ye-olde formal wheelbarrow etiquette manual of yore" are considered to be an act of high treason against the crown. Punishment for such a transgression is an immediate fine of 15 farthings and cessation of all turnip rations. It's in our constitution.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> General Discussion & Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1