cheatres on your BF4 server
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

#1: No icon cheatres on your BF4 server Author: Bry5012 PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm
    —
someone needs to get rid of Squadwiped...he went 68/12 on the lasty map and took first place on a Conquest map...he is bullshit

http://prntscr.com/2a5yzu

http://prntscr.com/2a6c32

#2: No icon Re: cheatres on your BF4 server Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:47 pm
    —
Bry got in touch with me on TeamSpeak and I let him know the situation.  We may has well lay it all out here so everyone is clear on the BF4 server admin deal.

Our BF4 is setup as an Official server which means it's run exactly the way DICE wants.  We, as server owners, are only allowed to choose a few minor server settings along with game type and map rotation.  We are not allowed to kick, tempban, ban, or move players in any way.  The advantage initially is that through the Battlelog match system, our server gets traffic.  The plan is to change the server to a ranked type sometime after Christmas.  This will then allow us to run the server the way Easy Company wants too, not DICE.

Nightmare and Tater, I'm sure, have more detailed information on this if anyone is interested.  Send them a message and I'm sure they would be happy to reply.

#3: No icon Re: cheatres on your BF4 server Author: nightmareLocation: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:35 pm
    —
Gimp pretty much summed it up.  At this time, there is literally nothing we can do.  We are essentially running the server on auto-pilot until after the holidays (probably after the 1st of the year).   This will hopefully give us enough exposure through the quick play feature where enough people have added it to their favorites.  When we make the switch, we will be adding a spectator slot or two so we can actually decide if people are in fact cheating.  Also, when we switch, it is going to take ALOT more work on our part, because we will have to fill the server ourselves.

Regarding the three players as cheating, I've quite a bit of people in the 4 to 5 kill-death ratio and even higher.  I've seen people at 62-6, 40-3, etc, etc.  That's because they sit in their jet or anti air and no one kills them.  It happens to Tater and I all the time, which is why we're adding those spectator slots after the holidays.

Either way, we have less than a month left and to be honest, I can't wait.

#4: No icon Re: cheatres on your BF4 server Author: Durus PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 pm
    —
-=EC=-Gimp wrote (View Post):
Bry got in touch with me on TeamSpeak and I let him know the situation.  We may has well lay it all out here so everyone is clear on the BF4 server admin deal.

Our BF4 is setup as an Official server which means it's run exactly the way DICE wants.  We, as server owners, are only allowed to choose a few minor server settings along with game type and map rotation.  We are not allowed to kick, tempban, ban, or move players in any way.  The advantage initially is that through the Battlelog match system, our server gets traffic.  The plan is to change the server to a ranked type sometime after Christmas.  This will then allow us to run the server the way Easy Company wants too, not DICE.

Nightmare and Tater, I'm sure, have more detailed information on this if anyone is interested.  Send them a message and I'm sure they would be happy to reply.

Good to know.  Do you guys have a reporting process in mind for when the switch happens?  Does BF4 have a demo feature?

#5: No icon Re: cheatres on your BF4 server Author: Spacepotato PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 pm
    —
Any reporting done has to be done through the Battlelog. To my knowledge, there is no demo system. There wasn't one in BF3 either. 3rd party apps running in the background are the only way to record what you see in game.

MSI Afterburner has a good capture method. I don't like xFire all that much but it has a good capture system as well.

Capture cards built for PC can also record, but that's expensive.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> Battalion 1944 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1