CoD2 Lag
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> COD2 Discussion

#1: No icon CoD2 Lag Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:11 am
    —
For those of you who messaged me last night about lag in the CoD2 servers, NFO had this to say.

Note; the NFO Chicago location (where our servers are) already has a 20 Gbps connection.

From NFO...

An attacker hit our Chicago and Dallas locations with a wave of DDoS attacks tonight against multiple targets, starting from around 6:43pm CST and ending at around 7:43pm CST. The attacks exceeded our connections to Internap, as well as our routers' packet forwarding capacities. We were on top of these attacks from the beginning and applied a multi-pronged approach to dealing with them that included filtering on Internap's side, filtering on our side, and contacting the ISPs hosting the compromised machines. In the longer term, we are also working with a vendor on a router software upgrade that may triple our routers' forwarding capacities, and we will be upgrading our Dallas connection to 20 Gbps.

Currently both locations are responding normally again, but we will continue to monitor them closely for further malicious traffic.

During the attacks, you would have seen increased latencies and some packet loss to your service(s). The control panel also would not have worked properly, and server adjustments may have failed.

#2: No icon Re: CoD2 Lag Author: BigDad PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:29 pm
    —
Some heads are gonna roll .
 LOG MY WORDS ! Twisted Evil

#3: No icon Re: CoD2 Lag Author: drhouse5524 PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:50 pm
    —
the server has been horrible to play on lately my ping is usually 90, but if i die and then spawn theres a delay in which it jumps over 200 then back to 90. It is just unplayable i dont download anything and everything is turned off...... I am just about to give up compltely. BF4, and other games play fine. Its even worse when the server is about 20 or more people on it. like 25-30 its just impossible to kill anyone. even some players are complaining.

#4: No icon Re: CoD2 Lag Author: -=EC=-GimpLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:31 pm
    —
drhouse5524 wrote (View Post):
the server has been horrible to play on lately my ping is usually 90, but if i die and then spawn theres a delay in which it jumps over 200 then back to 90. It is just unplayable i dont download anything and everything is turned off...... I am just about to give up compltely. BF4, and other games play fine. Its even worse when the server is about 20 or more people on it. like 25-30 its just impossible to kill anyone. even some players are complaining.

In and out all day today, working fine.

http://www.easycompanygaming.com -> COD2 Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1