Anonymous
Please Login or Register  
Welcome to the new EC!
Random Babes   

Main Menu   

http://www.easycompanygaming.com :: View topic - BF4 Performance Improvements
Forum Index  ·  Usergroups  ·  Members  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Search  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Ranks  ·  Board Rules  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 COD2 Server Open For Business!!! News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 0 Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:03 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
 Dragui Village News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 4 Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am
Rumpokid View latest post
 It's been a while. Introductions spraytime 19 Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:43 pm
Rumpokid View latest post
 -=EC=- AWE MOD Server Test News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 1 Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Lt_John_Wayne View latest post
 hey Introductions roentgen 9 Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:45 pm
Artorias View latest post
 how is everyone?! Introductions Rain 3 Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
BF4 Performance Improvements
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index -> Battalion 1944 Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-=EC=-Gimp
BOD
BOD

usa.png

XFire: olderwomen
Origin ID: Gimp63
Steam ID: Gimp63

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:41 am Post subject: No icon BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

BF4 works pretty good on my system.  I did get some smoothing and fewer crashes by implementing the work arounds found here.  The best part was my cpu usage went from 75% to 50% after I created the user.cfg as suggested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/1q14u9/bf4_i_have_multiple_fixes_that_make_the_game_90/

If you're having issues with the game, give it a shot at least until DICE gives us a client end patch.

Server link

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/962d22d2-471b-4368-95e6-3d71de588c46/
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

Yeah, this stuff 'seems' to have made mine run a little better. It does seem a little less crashy, but it's hard to judge. Defo worth trying this stuff if you are having major issues.
drhouse5524
Retired

usa.png

XFire: c0rrupts3ct0r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

just bought it, on vacation until saturday i think. I installed it, but it needs a gig of updates (Im on my dads myfi and i better not use up a whole gig of data, I will have to find some wifi to use to update)... Will check out the server when i get it up and going.
EC Donation
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

Yesterday's DICE-update is a MEGA-HUGE improvement to BF4.

On all attempts before and during last weekend, I was crashing on average twice per map. But since the update I've not had a single crash.

I've just played through every map twice in a row without a single crash! W00t!

FAO STUNT: I'm seeing an improved FPS as well! If you get the same improvements on your PC that I have, then the game should now be actually playable/enjoyable for you (as we have almost identical rigs regarding MEM/CPU/GFX). So please do give it another try, bud! (Your quick-fire puns make games better. I miss them.) ;D
stunt
Sr. Admin
Sr. Admin

usa.png

votes: 1

XFire: dcoy20
Origin ID: stuntb0yFL
Steam ID: d_coy20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

I'll give it a try. Hopes are way up here ¯. If this does't help, they will be back down to here _ Sad.
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

Did you try it yet, Sptunt?

I've not yet managed to connect to the EC server today. Keeps failing. (fine on other servers though.)
EC Donation
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:26 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

Hhhhhm? Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

A hominey hominey hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM? (etc..)  ;p
kev24x
Official Member
Official Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

After looking at the specs, my computer SHOULD be able to run it so hopefully i can get it on the 25th that way i can camp it up with nick.
nightmare
BOD
BOD

usa.png

XFire: powrman
Origin ID: Cyrcle
Steam ID: powrman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:38 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

And Tater.  And Gimp.  And I.   Wink
--------------=EC=--------------

Steam: powrman
Origin: Cyrcle
EC Donation
-=EC=-Gimp
BOD
BOD

usa.png

XFire: olderwomen
Origin ID: Gimp63
Steam ID: Gimp63

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
Hhhhhm? Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

A hominey hominey hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM? (etc..)  ;p

...i want some of whateverthehell Nick is smoking....
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

As the BF4 server has not yet changed to something we can moderate, I've devised my own interim method to make bigots shut the fuck up.

It seems to be working so far.

1.) Identify the major offender. (The person spouting hate language like "N***er" "F***ot" Your mamma, etc...)
2.) Kill him. (If you can, go to town on them, focus all of your killage on them.)
(Ignore everything they say  directly to you. No response to them. This is crucial!)

AND THEN...

3.) Start asking him questions as if you don't know how the game works.
4.) Bombard him with help questions about the game.
(I chose to pretend to be some kid who thought I was playing an RPG with wizards and stuff.)
5.) Keep asking him where loot is hidden? Has he found the "Cudgel of Ragnar"? "The shield of Galogtron"? (make up daft names.)
5.) Kill him again. (If he complains, stay in character. Say "I used Yashmaroon's potion of ultra-cuntitude!" or some shit.)
6.) You've now humiliated the cunt on two fronts (without engaging him in the bigoted argument he actually wanted.)
7.) He stops his nasty shite. (If it didn't work, start again from step 3. He will either shut up or leave.)

It sounds daft, I know, but this has worked for me three nights in a row.

(The TLDR version of this instructional goes like this: Until we can mod BF4. A quick-fix is to identify a bigot, harass them with nonsense (without using hate language yourself) until they decide to shut up or leave.)

;)
hobo_army
Official Member
Official Member

canada.png

XFire: devinator12
Origin ID: HoboUnity1979
Steam ID: devinator12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF4 Performance Improvements Reply with quote

Nickenstein wrote (View Post):
As the BF4 server has not yet changed to something we can moderate, I've devised my own interim method to make bigots shut the fuck up.

It seems to be working so far.

1.) Identify the major offender. (The person spouting hate language like "N***er" "F***ot" Your mamma, etc...)
2.) Kill him. (If you can, go to town on them, focus all of your killage on them.)
(Ignore everything they say  directly to you. No response to them. This is crucial!)

AND THEN...

3.) Start asking him questions as if you don't know how the game works.
4.) Bombard him with help questions about the game.
(I chose to pretend to be some kid who thought I was playing an RPG with wizards and stuff.)
5.) Keep asking him where loot is hidden? Has he found the "Cudgel of Ragnar"? "The shield of Galogtron"? (make up daft names.)
5.) Kill him again. (If he complains, stay in character. Say "I used Yashmaroon's potion of ultra-cuntitude!" or some shit.)
6.) You've now humiliated the cunt on two fronts (without engaging him in the bigoted argument he actually wanted.)
7.) He stops his nasty shite. (If it didn't work, start again from step 3. He will either shut up or leave.)

It sounds daft, I know, but this has worked for me three nights in a row.

(The TLDR version of this instructional goes like this: Until we can mod BF4. A quick-fix is to identify a bigot, harass them with nonsense (without using hate language yourself) until they decide to shut up or leave.)

;)

LOL THAT MADE MY DAY!

I'm so going to use that in the next whole "bigot" incident.
EC Donation
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index ->  Battalion 1944 Discussion