Anonymous
Please Login or Register  
Welcome to the new EC!
Random Babes   

Main Menu   

http://www.easycompanygaming.com :: View topic - Fallout 4
Forum Index  ·  Usergroups  ·  Members  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Search  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Ranks  ·  Board Rules  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Log in

Search for at
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 COD2 Server Open For Business!!! News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 0 Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:03 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
 Dragui Village News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 4 Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am
Rumpokid View latest post
 It's been a while. Introductions spraytime 19 Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:43 pm
Rumpokid View latest post
 -=EC=- AWE MOD Server Test News, Updates & Input -=EC=-Gimp 1 Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Lt_John_Wayne View latest post
 hey Introductions roentgen 9 Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:45 pm
Artorias View latest post
 how is everyone?! Introductions Rain 3 Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm
-=EC=-Gimp View latest post
Fallout 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index -> General Discussion & Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryBusey
MP Admin
MP Admin

canada.png

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:41 pm Post subject: No icon Fallout 4 Reply with quote

Anyone else literally losing their ever-lovin' minds and can't wait for this one to drop?

Love the Fallout series, can't get enough and can't wait for the new one - wish they'd launch an MMORPG but doubt that'll ever happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdm1WcFHvcw

Link to the trailer for anyone living in a cave that hasn't seen it.

- GB
SgtBaker
Sr. Admin
Sr. Admin

usa.png

XFire: SgtBaker
Steam ID: SgtBaker2112

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

I loved 3, and this looks pretty awesome. Maybe by the time I play New Vegas, it'll be cheap on a Steam sale Razz
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

Short pre-rendered FMV video (No gameplay footage).   ... Check

1 Screenshot (from that same FMV).   ... Check

Zero game info.   ... Check

No release date.   ... Check

No minimum sys requirements.   ... Check

£50 pre-order.   ... Check

This is EVERYTHING that is wrong with the games industry!
EC Donation
Artorias
BOD
BOD

usa.png

XFire: knightartorias
Origin ID: knightartorias97
Steam ID: knightartorias

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly Nick. As much as I love Fallout, I'm not going to be preordering until I know more about it. Witcher did a good job of teasing gameplay and whatnot.
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

votes: 2

XFire: windyshrimp101
Origin ID: SubatomicPotato
Steam ID: windyshrimp101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

FUCK ALL OF YOU GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

GaryBusey
MP Admin
MP Admin

canada.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

Hahaha awesome 'tato!

Believe me, I am totally on board that train brah!
EC Donation
Artorias
BOD
BOD

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

I'm sort of fluttering along in the slipstream of that hype train, trying not to be sucked in.
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

NO ARTY! GET ON THE TRAIN NOW!

Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

I missed something off my list of things that disgust me about this:

ZERO rewards/benefits for pre-ordering.

The entire concept of pre-ordering only makes sense in terms of physical goods that require man-hours + factory-time to manufacture. You pre-order the new Nissan model, you get one of the first batch fresh from the Nissan factory, whilst everyone else waits many-many-months for it to become available from a local car dealership, for a MUCH lower price.

But with digital-goods, there are no slow conveyor-belts and welders putting each sellable unit together. Once the first unit (in this case 'the finished game') is built, a trillion units-per-minute can be sent at light speed directly to the customer's stupid gawping face.

And this is why Pre-Orders of games usually have benefits! Because your pre-order money is actually being used by the company to pay their staff to actually make the game they promise will exist. You are funding it to be created, and should be rewarded.

The BOD at Bethesda are probably thinking "Damn! We should have put a £100 price tag on it! These drooling fucking idiots will pay anything if we tickle their nostalgia-button!"
(It's a trick they learned from George Lucas.)

Tune in next week for a rant about why Skyrim is shite and Morrowind is still awesome.
EC Donation
GaryBusey
MP Admin
MP Admin

canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

Valid arguments Nick, however I am going to poke the bear here:  I strongly disagree with you about Skyrim's quality.  Easily one of my favourite games of the last decade.  I will also disclose that I never did play Morrowind, so I can not make a comparison in that regard.

But absolutely true regarding the pre-order cash, you should get something in exchange at release - in game gear or something.  Again, I have no intention of pre-ordering myself, I'll be one of the blokes with stupid gawping faces downloading it after the official release!

- GB
Artorias
BOD
BOD

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

I myself absolutely loved Skyrim. Was I aware that the voice acting was laughable, the combat was maybe the worst of any game, the glitches were rampant, and the graphics subpar? Yes. That didn't stop me from playing more than a thousand hours of the game. It's a hell of a lot of fun with mods.
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

TOO MUCH TALKING NOT ENOUGH HYPE!!!!!

EC Donation
Nickenstein
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 am Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

Artorias wrote (View Post):
I myself absolutely loved Skyrim. Was I aware that the voice acting was laughable, the combat was maybe the worst of any game, the glitches were rampant, and the graphics subpar? Yes. That didn't stop me from playing more than a thousand hours of the game. It's a hell of a lot of fun with mods.

Damn it, Arty! I said I would rant next week, but you've forced my hand early, so here is a semi-rant whilst the kettle boils... Wink

I've heard that the modded additions are great. It's something I should look into. But mods are external to the 'game Bethesda made and sell', and they do nothing to justify faith in Bethesda.

Now I, much like yourself, have racked up quite a few hours in Skyrim. But it wasn't hours spent enthralled by the game, it was hours spent desperately seeking the joys that the hype-train around me was endlessly tooting about.

My actual issues with Skyrim have nothing to do with graphical fidelity (I think it still looks great) or voice acting or bugs.

My first issue: The dismally dull (and laughably short) story of the main quest. I remember nothing of it! That's how epic and memorable it is. In stark contrast, I remember almost everything from Witcher1&2 as the writing and lore of the world is gripping and superbly told. (A bit like how DS9 and Babylon5 were pretty much the same premise, but one was utterly dull and forgettable with a Star-Trek logo on it, and the other has real memorable depth to it.)

My second issue: Level-Scaling of creatures/enemies. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK?! What is the bloody point of leveling up in an RPG if your foes level up with you? The thing that inspires a player to desire leveling-up is the knowledge that they stumbled upon on area where they weren't skilled enough, and they must improve and come back later. That process is what creates the failure->failure->failure->improve->failure->improve->SUCCESS->REWARD dynamic that make games both rewarding and memorable. With level-scaling of foes you just get instant gratification every time, which again leads to non-memorable experiences. (Instant gratification has diminishing returns. It rapidly becomes boring, much like watching a repeat of a quiz show when you still remember all the answers from last time.)

Morrowind gave me memorable experiences, because I had to really work for them. When I started playing it, I found a cave with a huge tower of rock inside, and I could see something glimmering at the top. Could I get up there? NOPE. So I did loads of other stuff and spent the level-points on athleticism. I came back days later with my new ability to jump a bit higher. Could I now climb that massive rock formation? NOPE! But I could get half-way up, and I found a load of awesome loot! A few days later I returned after massively leveling up my athleticism again, and finally I got to the top! That glimmering bauble that took me over a week to attain had awesome armour and weaponry inside! failure->failure->failure->improve->failure->improve->SUCCESS->REWARD!!!!!  

That was bloody years ago, and I can still talk in great detail about it, because it was a hugely memorable and rewarding experience.

Conversely, when you find a cave with a glimmering-thing in Skyrim, you look for the steps to get up to it, you get the thing within moments of noticing it, and have zero reason to ever return. Zero reasons to remember the cave's location. Zero memories of your efforts to achieve something (because you didn't). And when somebody asks me about the experience, all I can do is shrug and say 'I was in some caves'. YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWN....
Spacepotato
BOD
BOD

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

HYPE!!!!!!!

I have nothing relevant to add.
Artorias
BOD
BOD

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Fallout 4 Reply with quote

Pretty sure Nick nailed it. I would discuss it a bit more, but I just got 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed and the painkillers are making me feel like Tater's last post.
EC Donation
http://www.easycompanygaming.com Forum Index ->  General Discussion & Off Topic